Tuesday, July 22, 2014

NOISE COMPLAINTS - Dominion's COVE POINT

DOMINION'S COVE POINT ENVIRONMENTAL 
SCOPING MEETING 

RESIDENTS COMMENTS ON NOISE

Jean Marie Neal representing the Cove of Calvert Home Owners' Association.
m
"Two or more gas turbines will be installed, 
resulting in permanent noise issues for residents 
in our community who already suffer from the noise 
of the existing two. And this has been made known 
to Dominion in the past."
Steve Godfrey, local resident:
m
"I am strongly opposed to any expansion of the Dominion 
 LNG plant because at this time industrial noise emanating 
from the existing facility keeps me awake at night.
m
When I first moved to my current residence in 2000 
there were no nighttime noises that I could hear coming 
from the LNG facility. 
However, since the most recent expansion 
variable pitch and variable decibel level 
industrial noise awakens 
and keeps me awake at night.
m
My strong objections to the expansion 
will only cease if and only if -- Dominion LNG 
can silence its industrial nighttime noise. 
m
Sleep-disturbing noise to me means 
that Dominion LNG is not 
a good neighbor.
m
No one who spoke this evening in favor 
of this expansion is kept awake at night
 by noise pollution, by Dominion's noise pollution.
And no one who spoke this evening in favor 
of the expansion lives close to the LNG facility."

Theresa Denny,  local resident to the plant:
"At the last expansion we also were told that noise 
was going to be looked into. 
And I used to hear waves. 
Now I hear a generator noise 
sounding similar to the one here. 
And, you know, I'm just wondering if things could change, 
meaning some walls or something. 
But it had been addressed. We have noise issues. 
I'm just concerned about this next expansion.
Well, I know it's unacceptable, I guess is the problem. 
And that FERC regulation is unacceptable for me 
to have at my house, that kind of noise."
m
Mike Denny local resident to the plant:
m
"Noise is a huge concern for me. I live local to it. 
Gas turbine is another way of saying jet engine. 
Everybody knows how loud those are, 
either if you live near an airport or near Pax River. 

I've called FERC in the past and they said it's not 
considered a problem unless it gets in the way 
and makes it hard to understand a normal conversation 
between two people -- much louder than what you hear 
right now in the background fans. 
You know, so if it's that big -- you know, 
what hush houses are being built; 
what's being done for noise mitigation on the facility?"

Source: FERC - Dominion Cove Point LNP,LP
Docket No. PF12-16-000
Environmental Scoping Meeting
Lusby, MD
9 Oct 2012




No comments:

Post a Comment